Comprehensive interior design and remodel of vintage Chicago single family home in Lincoln Park.
An upscale interpretation of Wes Anderson’s “The Royal Tenenbaums” – full of quirky eccentricities and plenty of style.
He wanted the home to feel new & perfect. She wanted it to retain the feel of a historic vintage home. We found a way to do both.
What we love:
- Slim Aaron’s photography & the vintage pink velvet sofa in the sultry living room
- Can you say La Cornue! We love that kitchen range!
- Custom designed (and one-of-a-kind) brass and steel hood
- Mix-matched chairs in the library-esque dining room
- Zebras dancing on the walls of a baby boy’s nursery – so cute!
What we did:
We worked with the homeowner during pre-construction and construction phases to ensure the home would serve their needs well once the remodel was complete – working directly with the architect and builder to advise on furniture placements and functionality as we completely redesigned this 1890s home. And of course we designed the kitchen and baths, and created comprehensive design plans including all furniture, art and accessories.